Thousands of free parking spots along Trolley and COASTER lines
San Diego County CA— The 2016 MLB All-Star Game is coming to San Diego and the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) and North County Transit District (NCTD) will provide extra service, run special promotions, and help fans avoid downtown parking hassles July 8-12.
Extra Transit Service Available:
MTS Trolleys will be operating on a 15-minute schedule most of the day on all three lines from July 8-12.
Frequency will increase on the Green Line and UC San Diego Blue Line before and after the Legends & Celebrity Softball Game on Sunday, the Home Run Derby on Monday, and All-Star Game on Tuesday.
NCTD COASTER will add a southbound train departing Oceanside Transit Center on Sunday at noon, and on Monday and Tuesday at 1:56 p.m. The COASTER will also have special northbound trains leaving Santa Fe Depot one hour after All-Star Game activities end (leaving at midnight at the latest) on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
- Commemorative Trolley Passes: MTS has a limited number of commemorative passes for the event available for purchase. Fans can purchase 1-Day ($6), 2-Day ($10) or 3-Day ($13) All-Star MTSCommemorative Passes at the Transit Store, 12th & Imperial Transit Center.
- Mobile Ticketing: MTS has activated its mobile ticketing option called mTicket, allowing fans to bypass ticket vending machines, and download and store Trolley tickets on their mobile phones. Search “MTS mTicket” at the App Store or Google Play.
- COASTER/Trolley Pass: Fans can save time by purchasing a COASTER/Trolley Pass ($12) online at GoNCTD.com or with the COASTER Mobile Tickets smartphone app. This pass includes round-trip service on the COASTER and all-day service on the Trolley. It is available for July 10-12 and can be purchased in advance.
Parking in downtown San Diego during special events can be challenging to find and expensive. MTS and NCTD have thousands of free parking spots along Trolley and COASTER stations. Some of the most convenient Park & Ride locations are:
- Qualcomm Stadium Trolley Station (Green Line): 5,000 free parking spots
- El Cajon Transit Center (Green/Orange Lines): 469 free parking spots
- Old Town Transit Center (COASTER and Green Line): 412 free parking spots
- Oceanside Transit Center (COASTER): 1,200 free parking spots
- Solana Beach Transit Center (COASTER): 325 free parking spots