San Diego County CA— The last of the sweepstakes that San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) has been sponsoring throughout August to give away LED lights, smart thermostats, smart power strips, and digital assistants, will take place on Monday, August 21.
The Marketplace sweepstakes are open to all residential customers of SDG&E who are at least 18 years old and are legal residents. No purchase is necessary to enter the sweepstakes. The prizes are donated by manufacturers.
Among the giveaways for the August 21 sweepstakes drawings are these state-of-the-art devices:
- Smart power strips that automatically shut off power when a central device is idle — like the computer in your home office or the TV in your entertainment center. As part of the sweepstakes, we are giving away Embertec Advanced Power Strips (valued at $99 each).
- Smart thermostats that can be programmed to automatically adjust your home’s temperature, and controlled remotely via your smart phone. As part of the sweepstakes, we are giving away Nest thermostats (valued at $249 each).
- Digital assistants that can communicate wirelessly with other smart devices at your home and respond to voice commands to turn on or off. As part of the sweepstakes, we are giving away the Google Home digital assistant (valued at $129 each).
Increasing your chances of winning
There are several ways for you to increase your chances of winning the sweepstakes:
- “Favorite” a product on SDG&E’s Marketplace to receive five entries into the sweepstakes. This will require you to create a Marketplace profile if you do not already have one.
- Visit the washer, thermostat, electric water heater, gas water heater, and pool pump rebate categories on SDG&E Marketplace via the sweepstakes application. You will automatically receive one entry for the sweepstakes for each visit. Maximum of five entries per entrant permitted using this method of entry.
- Share the sweepstakes with your friends through email or social networks to receive one entry for the sweepstakes for each friend who enters. Maximum of ten entries per entrant for using this method.
- Answer survey questions on the sweepstakes application – each answer earns you one entry for the sweepstakes.
Winners will be notified by email within 15 days of the drawing.
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides safe, reliable, clean energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. More than 4,200 employees work to provide the cleanest, safest and most reliable energy in the West. The company was the first to meet California’s goal of delivering 33 percent of energy from renewable sources, has fueled the adoption of electric vehicles and energy efficiency through unique customer programs, and supports a number of non-profit partners. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE), a Fortune 500 energy services holding company based in San Diego. For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.