San Diego County CA— On Jan. 22, Junior League of San Diego will launch an interactive certification program to provide professionals with the tools they need to serve on boards of directors for local nonprofit organizations. All are welcome to apply for the Board Academy by Jan. 18 to network and build their business skills while giving back to local causes they care about.
“I recently organized a 30-year celebration event for one of the nonprofit boards I serve on, and the event raised more than $50,000 – half of our entire annual goal,” says Board Academy graduate AJ Galka-Gonyeau. “Board Academy made projects like this feel second-nature, and it gave me the tools to be a stronger, more effective board member.”
By training a range of talented professionals, the Junior League of San Diego aims to provide local nonprofits with a diverse pool of board member applicants to increase their impact in the community.
Topics for the Board Academy sessions between Jan. 22 and May 18 will include:
- Board Roles and Responsibilities with Cindi Phallen of Create Possibility
- Strategic Planning with Pat Libby Consulting
- Community Impact and Evaluation
- Five Tips to Engage Anyone at Any Time with Joan Deirdre Maloney of Momentum LLC
- Financial Policies and Fiduciary Duties of Non-Profits with Carol Stachwich, CPA
- Fight the Fundraising Fear: Getting Through the Ask to Get the Money in the Door with Joan Deirdre Maloney of Momentum LLC
- Public Policy with Pat Libby Consulting
- Panel Discussion with Board Members
The Junior League of San Diego opens enrollment to the public until Jan. 18. Enrollment fees are $195 for an eight-session package or $35 for an individual session. Board Academy participants will enjoy weekly interactive sessions from Jan. 22 to May 18 at 2-1-1 San Diego in Kearny Mesa. Sessions take place from 6:30 – 8 p.m., with dinner provided.
To learn more or to enroll in the Board Academy, please visit https://www.jlsd.org/boardacademy.