Oceanside CA- Applications for OCAF (Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation) scholarships are being accepted until April 28. Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation’s Performing Arts Scholarships are presented annually to graduating high school seniors, based upon student experience, contributions to their performing arts program, and a teacher recommendation. To be considered for this award, applicants from North County San Diego must submit a typed 1-2 page application, which includes the following information:
- Name, current telephone number, and mailing address, email address, name of high school.
- High school coursework in the performing arts, including completed and current.
- Additional outside or extracurricular performing arts experience.
- Future educational and career goals.
- How this scholarship would benefit and/or assist the applicant.
- Why this scholarship should be awarded to the applicant.
Additionally, students must include a Letter of Recommendation from their high school performing arts instructor, and a video tape/ DVD of their own performance. The video recording should be no longer than 5 minutes, and should showcase the student’s best efforts. Participants are asked to make sure their music, dance, or dramatic presentation underscores their talents and shows performers at their best. The camera should be focused on the performer rather than a large group. The organization will not accept audio CDs as its members need to see performances. Students are advised not to use YouTube, because the web distortion will not show them to their best advantage.
Submit Scholarship package to Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, PO Box 3054, Oceanside, CA, 92051. Application deadline is Monday, April 28, 2014. For questions email to firstname.lastname@example.org Visit OCAF website: http://www.ocaf.info/ for more information about Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, their events and projects, and how one can get involved