Oceanside CA- Baseball fans looking to avoid the hassle of traffic and parking fees can ride the COASTER train to downtown San Diego for every Padres home game. The North County Transit District will once again offer COASTER service to get fans to and from every Padres home game.
The schedule for the first three home games, including Opening Night is:
Sunday March 30 – Game time 5:05 p.m.
- Southbound COASTER 688 departs Oceanside Transit Center at 1:50 p.m.
- Southbound COASTER 698 departs Oceanside Transit Center at 3 p.m.
- Northbound COASTER 699 departs Santa Fe Depot 60 minutes after final out
Tuesday, April 1 – Game time 3:40 p.m.
- Southbound COASTER 652 departs Oceanside Transit Center at 1:51 p.m.
- Northbound COASTER 655 is scheduled to depart Santa Fe Depot at 7:10 p.m. It will depart 60 minutes after the last out OR at 7:30 p.m., whichever is earlier. For example, if the last out is at 6:20 p.m. the train will leave at 7:20 p.m. If the game ends at 7 p.m. the train will depart at 7:30 p.m.
- Northbound Amtrak 595 departs Santa Fe Depot at 9:05 p.m. (Passengers may ride this train at no additional charge with valid COASTER fare.)
Wednesday April 2 – Game time 7:10 p.m.
- Southbound – no extra service. COASTER 660 departs Oceanside Transit Center at 5:04 p.m.
- Northbound COASTER 699 departs Santa Fe Depot 60 minutes after the last out or at midnight, whichever is earlier.
To reach Petco Park from Santa Fe Depot fans may walk or take the San Diego Trolley Green Line toward the Convention Center to the Gaslamp Quarter Station, just steps away from Petco Park. Roundtrip COASTER fare and roundtrip Trolley fare is included in the $12 RegionPlus Day Pass available at Ticket Vending Machines on COASTER platforms by selecting ‘Current Promotions,’ online at GoNCTD.com, and through the NCTD mobile app which is available for download at Google Play and the Apple Store.
Complete COASTER and Padres information is available at GoNCTD.com.