Oceanside CA- The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department and the Encinitas Crime Suppression Team partnered with the Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) Violent Trafficking Team to arrest 20 North County residents, including three in Oceanside, in connection with a drug and weapons-trafficking operation.
Approximately 50 deputies and federal agents conducted the arrests of these subjects in the greater Encinitas and Del Mar areas of San Diego County. Most of the arrests were made during a warrant sweep and search warrant service conducted on May 7th through 8th.
This operation was dubbed “Operation Poseidon for the Greek God “Poseidon;” protector of the seas.
In addition to the Encinitas and Del Mar locations, search and arrest warrants were executed at locations
in Oceanside, Escondido, Carlsbad,San Marcos, and Vista.
The following individuals were arrested:
- Erwin Cazares, 29 years of age – Vista
- Kellen Knipp, 24 years of age – Escondido
- Paula Francis Vaughan, 54 years of age – Escondido
- Jim Gallegos, 53 years of age – Oceanside
- Charles Yarbrough, 20 years of age – Carlsbad
- Britney Calvert, 23 years of age – Encinitas
- Jessie Calvert, 21 years of age – Encinitas
- Audrey Hall, 51 years of age – Escondido
- Richard Miller, 31 years of age – San Diego
- Jesus Guzman, 29 years of age – San Diego
- Ivy Arkin, 53 years of age – Oceanside
- Arturo Pelayo, 35 years of age – Escondido
- Michael Vesper Gralnic, 24 years of age – Oceanside
- Arturo Pozo, 26 years of age – San Diego
During the operation, the following was seized:
15.98 pounds of methamphetamine
6.93 pounds of heroin
10.36 pounds of cocaine
130 tablets of Xanax
15 tabs of LSD purchased and/or seized
In serving the arrest and search warrants, deputies and DEA Agents seized additional narcotics and $39,567 in cash.