Oceanside CA- Oceanside is preparing for the Annual Independence Day Parade and looking for your help. “Share Your Pride, Oceanside!” is this year’s theme. It takes over 75 volunteers each year to help with the parade. “Our local hometown parade is a great display of true Americana in celebration of our Nation’s Birthday,” states Cathy Nykiel, Parade Committee member for the parade.
Prior to the parade:
– Committee members are always needed – 1-2 times a month.
– Data entry
– Script screening – two weeks prior to the parade
– Mailing parade information to participants – two weeks prior to the parade
– Posters up throughout Oceanside – May 15th to June 15th
– Decoration of carts
– Decoration of float
– Street mark-out (Friday prior to the parade)
To volunteer; call MaryAnne at MainStreet Oceanside at 760-967-7915 for your volunteer package and FREE T-shirt.
The date of the parade is, Saturday, June 28th and orientation will be held Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 at 6 p.m.
The parade will feature more than 120 participating entries ranging from:
- Military and school marching bands
- Pageantry and color guard
- Local and regional businesses
- Scout, athletic, dance, veteran and faith-based organizations
Remember to dress up as your favorite patriotic character or wear your favorite red, white and blue hat and clothes to show your pride.
MainStreet Oceanside is accepting applications for the Independence Day Parade. To participate, please visit our parade website http://OceansideParade.com/ and download the application.
The deadline for this year’s applications is June 6th.