Oceanside CA– The County Parks and Recreation and sponsor cities are bringing back the free movie series for the seventh year in a row with even more films than last year and more places to see them. This time around the series is offering 89 movies, 16 more than last year. For the first time, the City of Chula Vista will offer a film at one of its parks, Memorial Park and the County’s brand new Waterfront Park downtown will also show a movie this summer on a 40-foot screen.
The films range from recent popular movies such as “Frozen,” “Monsters University” and “Despicable Me 2” to children’s classics like “Mary Poppins” and “The Little Mermaid.” The films are all rated G to PG-13 and no matter where you live in the County, it’s very likely you can catch one at a giant screen near you. Locations are sprinkled throughout the County from Fallbrook and Oceanside to the north to Lakeside and Julian in the east, Chula Vista in the south, coastal areas like Point Loma, Mission Bay and Ocean Beach and dozens of communities in between.
The Summer Movies in the Park series runs through Sept. 27 and many locations offer arts and crafts, games and other fun activities for children an hour or so before the show starts at dusk. All movies start at dusk (approx. 15 minutes after sunset). Movies are subject to change.
Local movies include:
- June 6th-Fallbrook, Fallbrook Community Center – Frozen
- June 7th- Vista, Rancho Guajome Adobe– The Croods
- June 21st- Vista, Buena Vista Ball Fields– Frozen
- June 28th- Vista, Rancho Guajome Adobe– Turbo
- July 12th- Oceanside, Junior Seau Pier Amphitheatre– Step Into Liquid
- July 19th- Vista, Vista Sports Park– Despicable Me 2
- August 1st- Fallbrook, Fallbrook Community Center– Despicable Me 2
- August 9th- Vista, Brengle Terrace Park– The Lego Movie
- August 22nd- San Marcos, Woodland Park– Frozen
- August 30th- Oceanside, Junior Seau Pier Amphitheatre– The Lego Movie
To see the entire list of films, dates and locations, visit Summer Movies in the Park [Link].