Del Mar CA – The 2014 San Diego County Fair presented by Albertsons|Sav-on, opens at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, June 7 at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Come early and enjoy the O’Brien Gate opening Ceremony at 9:30 a.m. The Fair kicks off with the American Flag raising ceremony followed by music, surprises, celebrity guests and a BIG WELCOME! Here comes the FUN! ‘The Fab Fair’ is the theme this year, paying tribute to the British Invasion that revolutionized the music industry 50 years ago in United States and around the world. The 2014 Fair will feature British Pop Culture, music and exhibitions NEVER BEFORE seen in California. The Fair runs through Sunday, July 6; closed on Mondays and the first two Tuesdays. For more information go to: www.sdfair.com.
A few Opening Day things to do at the Fair:
- Fab Fair Theme Exhibit sponsored by Jeffrey Scott Fine Magnetics- The Beatles, music, photos and more.
- Fire Expo and Demo Derby presented by Viejas in the Del Mar Arena – 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- J.F.K. Experience at Surfside Race Place (admission $5) – 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Beer Festivals all day in the Paddock.
- Family Funville and Kids Zone – NEW Farm, World of Wonders, Wild West Turkey Stampede and more.
- Third Eye Blind: The Toyota Concert Series on the Heineken Grandstand Stage – 7:30 p.m.
- True 2 Crue: The Coors Light Rock On Stage- 9:00 p.m.
- And don’t forget all the New Fair Food, Rides, Games, Exhibits, Animals and oh so much more!
About the San Diego County Fair
The San Diego County Fair is the largest annual event in San Diego County and one of the top 10 Fairs in the United States and Canada, drawing more than 1.4 million visitors annually. Admission is $14 for adults; $8 for ages 6-12 and 62 and older; free for ages 5 and younger. Albertsons|Sav-on $4 Fair Days are opening day June 7, and Wednesday, June 11. $4 admission tickets are available only at your local Albertsons|Sav-on stores with a $10 minimum purchase. For more information visit, www.sdfair.com.
Get the Best Pass Ever season pass for $24 at Albertsons|Sav-on, at the Fairgrounds Box Office and www.sdfair.com/bestpassever. The Fair Tripper ticket includes round-trip transportation using the North County Transit District’s COASTER, SPRINTER, and BREEZE plus Fair admission for only $15. Late night trains north and south every day of the Fair. Details at: www.sdfair.com/transportation
About the Del Mar Fairgrounds
The 22nd District Agricultural Association is a State of California agency that owns and operates the Del Mar Fairgrounds, Surfside Race Place, Horsepark Equestrian Center and the Del Mar Golf Center. The 22nd DAA produces four events each year: The San Diego County Fair, the Del Mar National Horse Show, Professional Bull Riding (PBR) and The Scream Zone. The Fairgrounds hosts more than 350 events annually, the largest of which is the live horse racing meet each summer and fall, which is operated by the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club for the 22nd DAA and the State of California. For more information on the Del Mar Fairgrounds, visit www.delmarfairgrounds.com.