Oceanside CA-Imagine dining on Eggs Benedict or Huervos Rancheros while a parade passes by. That experience is reality, with so many culinary options*, at the 126th Annual Oceanside Independence Day Parade on Saturday, June 28th.
The downtown Oceanside parade will take place, as usual, on Coast Highway 101. From the parade start, Wisconsin Avenue all the way down to Civic Center Drive, there will be ten outside dining cafes and restaurants to choose from.
Since the parade kicks off at 10:00 a.m., breakfast can be a menu choice but then as the parade is expected to end at noon there is lunch that will be enjoyed. A spectator dining on this parade route can watch more than 100 parade entries march, roll, walk and drive down the famous 101 Coast Highway.
“It will be an engaging parade experience since we declared the event theme, ‘Show Your Pride, Oceanside,'” says Cathy Nykiel parade committee member. “The theme is a fun patriotic challenge to everyone who loves a parade. Come out in your best Patriotic duds, wave your American flags and see how our parade entries also show off their pride for our Nation, Oceanside, and the men and women who bravely serve our country.”
Who better to express their Oceanside pride this year than Grand Marshall, David Nydegger, Oceanside Chamber of Commerce’s Chief Executive Officer. “Continued support of this long-going Independence Day Parade tradition comes from our local businesses,” stated Mainstreet Oceanside’s Executive Director, Rick Wright.” Much thanks goes to this year’s Title Sponsor, Tri-City Medical Center.”
MainStreet Oceanside is accepting applications for the Independence Day Parade. To participate, please visit our parade website http://OceansideParade.com/ and download the application. More than 75 volunteers help make this special parade come together smoothly.
For more information about the Independence Day Parade, please call MainStreet Oceanside at 760-754-4512. List of cafes and restaurants open for the parade are listed below.
*Culinary Options Listed Below-
1. Anita’s Mexican Food 308 S Coast Hwy – 760-722-6323
2. Mary’s Family Restaurant 307 N Coast Hwy.- 760-722-3052
3. 101 Cafe 631 S Coast Hwy.- 760-722-5220
4. Hill Street Cafe, 524 S Coast Hwy.-760-966-0985
5. Carmine’s Pizza 119 S Coast Hwy.-760-966-6888
6. The Local Tap House 308 S Coast Hwy.- 760-547-1469
7. Bessie’s Cafe 232 S Coast Hwy.- 760-967-937
8. Breakwater Brewery 101 N Coast Hwy.- 760-433-6064
9. Hit the Spot Coffee 624 S Coast Hwy.-760-433-3004
10. **Masters Kitchen and Cocktails, 208 South Coast Hwy.
11. **Bagby Beer & Pub, 601 South Coast Hwy.
**Not open, as of 6-17-14, but expected to be open by June 28th.