Oceanside CA– Eighteen people are in custody following Operation Neptune in the North County. Nearly 50 people were contacted during parole and probation checks in Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar, 4S Ranch, San Marcos, Vista, Oceanside, and Carlsbad from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. today. Some of the parolees/probationers were in compliance; others were not home and will be visited at another time.
Operation Neptune is a proactive approach to ensure those on parole and probation are complying with the conditions of their release. The “zero-tolerance” compliance checks were also utilized to follow up on theft and drug investigations.
The following people were arrested on outstanding warrants and/or charges of possessing and/or being under the influence of a controlled substance:
- Brian Wysingle, 49, Oceanside
- James Mason, 26, Oceanside
- Joseph Wall, 28, Oceanside
- Nicholas Stanert, 24, Oceanside
- Christopher Charote, 57, Encinitas
- Melanie Miller-Cowan, 28, Solana Beach
- Todd Throp, 46, Encinitas
- Jerome Fleming, 51, Encinitas
- Ismael Trejo, 22, Encinitas
- Cynda Howard, 56, Encinitas
- Nicholas Turner, 24, Solana Beach
- Kellen Knipp, 25, Escondido
- Theresa Verlinger, 53, Encinitas
- Mauricio Morales, 30, Encinitas
- Richard Watkins, 56, Encinitas
- Stephen Mulock, 23, Encinitas
- Brockin Wright, 24, Encinitas
- Shawn Smith, 24, Escondido
The Encinitas Sheriff’s Station coordinated Operation Neptune with information from County Probation. 70 deputies from the Encinitas, Vista Fallbrook Stations and Substations, Sheriff’s K-9 Unit, Special Enforcement Detail (SED/SWAT) and ASTREA took part in today’s operation.
The parole and probation check was called Operation Neptune because of the communities along the coast.
If you want to report suspicious activity, call the Sheriff’s Department non-emergency line at (858) 565-5200. You can remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.