Oceanside CA- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) has extended the Reduce Your Use Rewards event day through tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 17 due to continuing high temperatures.
While SDG&E continues to have adequate electricity resources to meet the demand, residential customers can help reduce strain on the electric grid by reducing their electricity use tomorrow between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. By doing so, if they are signed up for Reduce Your Use alerts (visit sdge.com/reduceuse for information on how to sign up) they will be eligible to earn a bill credit of $0.75 per kilowatt hour saved. For those who have enabling technology like the Reduce Your Use thermostat, they will be eligible to earn $1.25 per kilowatt hour saved. This year, customers must sign up to receive Reduce Your Use email, text, or, new for 2014, voice alerts in order to participate and receive a bill credit.
Here are some quick tips to help customers save energy at home:
• Close blinds and curtains during the warmest hours of the day.
• Use a ceiling or portable fan instead of A/C if possible.
• Raise your central A/C’s thermostat setting four to six degrees, health permitting.
• Run major appliances before 11 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
• Turn off pool pumps between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Unplug chargers and power strips.
As with any Reduce Your Use Rewards day, customers are encouraged to log on to My Account after the event by going to the My Energy tab and click on My Energy Use. Use less than the amount of kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity shown on the table and you’ll start earning more rewards.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 from 11 a.m.–6 p.m. Save energy and earn a bill credit.