Oceanside CA— This winter, you can help drive away hunger in San Diego County by participating in the 7th Annual Stuff the Bus Food Drive from December 1 – 6, 2014.
More than 460,000 people in San Diego County are impacted by hunger annually, including 137,000 children. MTS, the North County Transit District (NCTD), Albertsons, local Girl Scouts, and the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank are challenging San Diego residents to provide more than 19,000 meals for families in need this holiday season.
To participate, visit any of the 39 Albertsons locations around the county to make your canned food donation December 1 – 5. (All locations will have barrels for donation drop-offs prominently located in the store.) Then, join MTS and NCTD at the following Albertsons locations to help “Stuff the Bus” from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, December 6:
- Oceanside: 3450 Marron Road and 3925 Mission Avenue
- 4-S Ranch: 7895 Highland Village Place
- Chula Vista: 723 Third Avenue
- Clairemont: 5950 Balboa Avenue
- Escondido: 1570 West Valley Parkway and 1509 East Valley Parkway
- La Mesa: 8920 Fletcher Parkway
- Lemon Grove: 7090 Broadway
- Mira Mesa/Scripps Ranch: 10740 West View Parkway
- Rancho Peñasquitos: 14340 Peñasquitos Road
- Rancho San Diego: 2899 Jamacha Road
- San Carlos: 8650 Lake Murray Boulevard
- San Marcos: 151 Woodland Parkway
- Santee: 9870 Magnolia Avenue
- Spring Valley: 543 Sweetwater Road
- Tierrasanta: 10633 Tierrasanta Boulevard
To see a list of most needed grocery items, click here.