Carlsbad CA— We may not get white Christmases here in San Diego, but the beautiful, beachside Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort and Spa is hard at work to create a winter wonderland for locals and guests this holiday season. The resort has a full roster of activities in store for festive visitors of all ages, including:
- Second annual Holiday Open House and Tree Lighting — Dec. 3 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. Guests are invited to ooh and ahh at spectacular holiday décor, a custom gingerbread house, glittering grand Christmas tree. Includes complimentary hot cocoa, cider, treats; live entertainment from Rebecca Jade and Armando Cepeda. Attendees can also get a jumpstart on holiday shopping. Staff from the hotel’s Ocean Crest Spa and top local vendors including Mia Brazilia, Sparkles by Sarwat, ToeSox and Beaming will be onsite with great picks for everyone on the list.
- Carlsbad HS Choir and Hope Elementary Handbell Team performance — Dec. 18 from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. Kids 12 and under can dine free with a paying adult at Chandler’s after the show.
- Movie nights — Featuring “Miracle on 34th Street” on Dec. 19 and “A Christmas Story” on Dec. 22, as well as holiday cookie decorating, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Story time and ornament making for kids — Dec. 20 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Story time, hot cocoa, and face painting for kids — Dec. 21 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Storytelling with Mrs. Claus and a treat for kids on the “Nice” list — Dec. 23 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
At Ocean Crest Spa, luxurious specials with festive twists make for great gifting or an escape from busy schedules:
- Joyful Spalidays Special – Buy any $100+ gift card through Dec. 11 and receive a bonus card. Patrons will patrons will receive complimentary holiday gift wrapping and be automatically entered to win a Day of Beauty, featuring a 50-minute Phyto C Personalized Facial, a 50-minute Customized Massage and an 80-minute Spa Manicure and Pedicure – at $360 value.
- Book a Orange Cranberry Body Scrub and Massage, available for $125 for a 50-minute treatment and $180 for an 80-minute treatment, and receive 50 percent off any facial 50 minutes and over
The Happy Feet Sugar Plum Pedicure is a sweet way to prepare for holiday parties and includes a warm foot bath, exfoliating sugar plum treatment, foot massage and fresh polish for $65 or polish-and-crystal “bling” combo for $75
- Cozy up to the Winter Warm–Up Wrap and Massage, which leverages the healing power of cactus to keep skin hydrated, protected and youthful. Treatments are available for 50 minutes for $125 and 80 minutes for $180.