Encinitas CA— San Diego County Sheriff’s Deputies conducted a driving under the influence and driver’s license checkpoint on Saturday December 20, 2014, from about 8:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. in the 1800 block of South Coast Highway 101 in the city of Encinitas.
Funding for the grant was provided by the California Office of Traffic Safety.
The following are the checkpoint results:
- vehicles contacted: 490
- vehicles through without contact: 4
- total vehicles through: 494
- vehicles sent into secondary: 20
- Field Sobriety Tests given: 4
- DUI arrest total: 2
- other arrest total: 0
- vehicles stored: 2
- citations issued: 8
- suspended license cite: 1
- unlicensed driver cite: 1
- open alcoholic beverage cite: 2