Oceanside CA— Firefighters from Oceanside, Carlsbad, Vista and Camp Pendleton responded to reports of a structure fire at 4486 Pebble Beach Drive, in Oceanside, shortly after 9:00pm, January 3, 2015. Heavy smoke was coming from the roof area of the 2 story, single family home when firefighters arrived.
“We were inside getting ready for bed when my wife, Lacey, said she thought she heard someone on the roof.” said the homeowner, Josh (last name withheld by request). “I heard some crackling sounds coming from the ceiling” continued Josh “I went outside to check and I knew exactly what it was when I saw it.” He went back in the house, got everyone out safely and called 9-1-1.
It took firefighters approximately 20 minutes to get the fire under control. The fire is believed to have started at the top of the chimney and worked its way down to the attic. Approximately 34 firefighters and officers responded to the two alarm fire with 16 trucks, engines and med units.