Oceanside CA— The Oceanside Fire Department responded to a report of a commercial structure fire at Compadres Grilled Chicken, 4225 Oceanside Blvd. An officer from the Oceanside Police Department was first to arrive on scene and confirmed fire showing from the roof area of the strip mall.
The first Oceanside Fire Department units on scene found the unit had been evacuated and found no sign of fire inside. Fire crews went up on the roof and found fire in the “make- up air” system and small amounts of fire on the roof area itself. A make-up air system is used to equal out the air pressure in the building.
The fire was deemed under control 24 minutes after arrival. The business will be closed until cleared by Oceanside Building inspectors and. The damage was limited to $10,000. The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunction in the make-up air system.
13 Fire units with 30 personnel from Oceanside, Carlsbad and Vista responded to the incident