Oceanside CA— MiraCosta continues its popular International Film Series this spring with screenings of films from around the world. Films are shown at 7 p.m. in the MiraCosta College Little Theatre (Room 3601) at 1 Barnard Dr. in Oceanside. All films are presented in the original language with English subtitles. Admission is free. Films scheduled this semester are:
- February 6: “Loose Cannons” Italy, 2010 Not Rated (110 min.)On a trip home to Southern Italy, Tommaso decides to tell his parents the truth about himself—only to see his older brother Antonio ruin his plans. Directed by Ferzan Ozpetek.
- February 20: “Happy Times” China, 2000 Rated PG (102 min.)In an attempt to impress a portly divorcee who has caught his eye, an unemployed factory worker poses as the wealthy manager of a non-existent hotel. Directed by Zhang Yimou.
- March 6: “Thermae Romae” Japan, 2012 Not Rated (108 min.)In this whimsical sci-fi comedy, Roman architect Lucius accidentally slips through time, resurfacing in a modern-day public bath in Japan. Directed by Hideki Takeuchi.
- April 3: “Hannah Arendt” Germany, 2012 Not Rated (113 min.)A biopic of influential German-Jewish philosopher and political theorist Hannah Arendt, who fearlessly raised unpopular questions about science as well as human rights. Directed by Margarethe von Trotta.
- April 24: “The Class” France, 2008 Rated PG-13 (130 min.)Teacher Francois Marin begins the new term at a tough inner-city school in Paris, taking on a class comprised of a melting pot of modern-day French society. Directed by Laurent Cantet.
An additional showing of each film is presented at the San Elijo Campus in Cardiff as part of the LIFE Program. For more information, please visit www.miracosta.edu/life.