San Diego County CA— On Wednesday, February 11, deputies with the Encinitas Sheriff’s Station, Poway Sheriff’s Station and 4S Ranch Sheriff’s Substation, in partnership with San Diego Police Department (SDPD) and other Sheriff’s resources served three search warrants in the City of San Diego related to an ongoing commercial burglary series.
The search warrants were served yesterday morning at three separate locations in San Diego. The SDPD’s SWAT team served one of the warrants and the Sheriff’s Department served the other two warrants.
This series came to a head in late November 2014 when detectives identified similarities in burglaries that happened in the areasof Mira Mesa, Rancho Bernardo and Kearny Mesa (all located in SDPD jurisdiction) and the coastal communities of Encinitas, Solana Beach and Del Mar, as well as 4S Ranch and Poway (which fall under the jurisdiction of the Sheriff’s Department).
The suspects targeted commercial businesses usually in the early hours of the morning. They forced their way inside by smashing a window. The suspects stole Apple products, primarily IMacs. In several instances, the suspects returned to the targeted locations after the victims replaced the stolen computers.
Since December, the Sheriff’s Department has been working to identify the suspects and connect them to the commercial burglary series. Since January 2015, at least four suspects have been arrested, including two who were caught trying to burglarize a business in 4S Ranch for the third time.
Thanks to the search warrants, several Apple computers, methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and burglary tools were seized.
One of the main suspects, Tony Cepeda, was arrested last night (February 10) in Valley Center. In all, eight people were arrested since last night on this latest detail.
- Christopher Angus, 36, from Mira Mesa for outstanding warrants.
- Enrique Remigio, 49, from Mira Mesa for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Gregory Reaves, 49, from Mira Mesa for being under the influence of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance for sale.
- Ariele Cabano, 43, from Mira Mesa for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Pheng Vang, 44, from Mira Mesa for an outstanding warrant and commercial burglary.
- Tony Cepeda, 28, from Mira Mesa for commercial burglary and possession of a controlled substance.
- Nestor Cruz, 40, from Mira Mesa for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Nicole Evernman, 45, from Valley Center for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Anyone with information about this case can call the Sheriff’s Department non-emergency line at (858) 565- 200 or the Encinitas Sheriff’s Station at (760) 966-3500. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Call Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.