Del Mar CA— The California Highway Patrol will be hosting a ‘Women Joining the CHP’ seminar on Saturday, February 28, 2015 at the Del Mar Fairgrounds beginning at 9:00am. The seminar will take place in the Activity Center at the fairgrounds and you can receive a free parking voucher by sending an RSVP to email@example.com
Although this event showcases accomplishments by women in law enforcement, all interested persons are encouraged to attend.
There are certain minimum requirements to apply to become a CHP cadet. They are:
• Age: 20-35 years as of the written test. (Military age waiver: The military age waiver only applies to active duty military personnel. Military personnel who apply must have taken and passed the written test prior to their 36th birthday, and be participating in the selection process when they are activated for military duty. In such cases, applicants would be able to defer an Academy date until their military term is completed. Depending on the circumstances, the deference could last up to eight years.)
• Vision: For eyeglasses or hard contact lens wearers – uncorrected vision no less than 20/40 and corrected to 20/20. Successful soft contact lens wearers (12 months or more) are not required to meet an uncorrected standard if corrected vision is 20/20. Normal color vision is required.
• Education: High School graduate or GED.
• Citizenship: Under the provisions of Vehicle Code Section 2267, no person shall be appointed as a member of the CHP who is not a citizen of the United States. Persons who are not citizens may compete in examinations for this class, but must show proof of citizenship before appointment can be made.
• Background: No felony convictions. The California Highway Patrol will only be accepting online applications in each CHP Division during limited Pacific Standard Time periods.
You can determine the open filing period date and times by visiting www.chpcareers.com and checking the Cadet Testing Schedule. If you need help with the cadet online application, call us at 1-888-4A-CHP-JOB or 1-888-422-4756 during normal business hours during open filing periods.