Oceanside CA— Oceanside Police and Fire Department were dispatched to reports of a home on fire in the 200 block of Hoover Street at approximately 1:52pm on Saturday, February 28, 2015.
When fire crews arrived, they found the fire to be in a motor home parked behind the residence. Inside the motor home they found a futon mattress on fire and extinguished the blaze.
“We contained the fire to the contents of the motor home which ended up with some singed cabinets and damage to the interior.” said Oceanside Battalion Chief, Felipe Rodriguez.
The Chief said several crews were set up to protect surrounding structures and those structures were not damaged. It took approximately 10 minutes to get the fire out.
Three engines, one truck responded to the incident. There were no injuries and no dollars estimate is currently available.