Oceanside CA— Visit Oceanside is ready to sweep couples off their feet during its “Wedding March” event to showcase the city’s wide variety of bridal and event venues. The community-wide open house will take place on Sunday, Mar. 22 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is open to anyone researching coastal venues for weddings, parties or other special events.
“Oceanside is San Diego’s best kept secret when it comes to coastal wedding venues,” said Michelle Martini-Brown, wedding resource manager for Visit Oceanside. “From private tropical gardens and beachfront locations to historical sites and museums, Oceanside has a wealth of exciting venues that fit all budgets. The Wedding March event allows us to showcase the city’s amazing collection of sites, while making it easy for anyone planning an event. Participants can preview all of the sites in one day without having to make anappointment at each place.”
During the Wedding March event, participants will be introduced to 15 venues, a selection of vendors and the Visit Oceanside wedding resource team. They can also participate in a fun photo scavenger hunt to win a selection of prizes.
Anyone interested in attending should register at www.visitoceanside.org/weddingmarch. Once registered, participants will receive a printable map with a list of participating venues and instructions that include venues that are open for tours, times they are available and what participants can expect when they visit each site. Some venues will have rooms set up for an event, some will feature wedding vendors and goodies, and all will
At each stop, participants can “check in” by taking a selfie with the Wedding March sign at that location with the hashtag #wedoside. Photos submitted via Twitter, Instagram, text or email will be entered for a prize drawing.
A highlight of venues participating:
- SpringHill Suites Marriott Oceanside: Oceanside’s newest hotel just steps from the beach and featuring a stunning ocean view reception deck and surfer chic indoor ballroom.
- Heritage Park: The charm of yesteryear is beautifully captured in this historic park, which serves as a dramatic and unique backdrop for special events and social gatherings of all kinds. The historic town square houses a large gazebo and is an ideal location for a wedding ceremony and reception.
- Rancho Guajome Adobe: One of Oceanside’s premier wedding sites, the adobe is a beautifully restored rancho built in 1853. The Victorian Garden, which can accommodate up to 250 guests, is available for receptions from 9:00 a.m. to sunset. Ceremonies may be held in the Chapel, which holds 65 people, or outside at the West Veranda, which will accommodate 250 people.
- Courtyard Marriott: Just a few miles from the coast, Courtyard by Marriott, San Diego Oceanside combines spacious design and technology enhancements with relaxing courtyard areas featuring stone fire pits and a ballroom for exquisite receptions.
- Oceanside Marina Suites: The Oceanside Marina Suites is located on its own private peninsula in the Oceanside Harbor. Surrounded by the Pacific Ocean on three sides, our resort offers a host of amenities in a peaceful oceanfront environment. Lounge by the pool. Relax on your own spacious private patio. Unwind with a picturesque walk along the adjacent marina or shop and at the Marina Village. Wedding venue features a charming gazebo and an outdoor reception lawn with endless harbor and ocean views.
- 333 Pacific: With stunning views of the famous Oceanside Pier, the innovative cuisine and stylish decor of this North County gem create a seaside California elegance! The restaurant includes two private dining rooms and an ocean view terrace available for rehearsal dinners.
- Paradise Falls: This newly renovated, tropical-inspired venue will participate via virtual tour due to events happening on site. Nestled in the Oceanside hills, this scenic locale is reminiscent of a private tropical estate and includes a cascading waterfall, lily pad-filled lagoon, colorful tropical gardens lit by tiki torches, three ceremony locations and an outdoor band shell with a large dance area and twinkle light-wrapped mature shade trees for guest seating with romantic lighting.
For more information or to register, visit www.visitoceanside.org/weddingmarch.
Oceanside, San Diego’s North Shore, is located along the beautiful Southern California coastline and considered the gateway city between metropolitan San Diego and Los Angeles. A classic Southern California beach town, Oceanside enjoys a rich history as an ideal place to stay and experience California’s casual spirit. The city boasts a number of important historical and cultural attractions such as Mission San Luis Rey (The King of Missions), California’s longest wooden pier, vintage 101 Café, 1920’s era Robert’s Cottages, Top Gun House, California Surf Museum and the Oceanside Museum of Art. The city has served as a film location for dozens of Hollywood productions and was once the preferred getaway of many of Hollywood’s elite. Bordering Camp Pendleton, Oceanside has long enjoyed a strong relationship with the U.S. military and a deep commitment to the men and women serving the nation. Today, with 3.5 miles of sandy beach, a quaint New England-style harbor and a stellar year-round climate, Oceanside is a highly sought after location for enjoying active pursuits including surfing, stand up paddling, kayaking, boating, fishing, bike-riding, skydiving and more.
About Visit Oceanside
Visit Oceanside Conference and Visitors Bureau is the official tourism marketing organization in Oceanside, Calif; promoting travel to the city for both leisure and group visitors. The organization influences more than $60 million in visitor spending in Oceanside each year, which supports nearly 700 tourism-related jobs. Visit Oceanside also operates one of the state’s official California Welcome Centers. With just one stop, visitors can find local, regional and state maps, purchase discount tickets to major Southern California attractions, make hotel reservations or shop for the perfect California keepsake. The Visit Oceanside CVB and California Welcome Center- Oceanside are conveniently located just off Interstate 5 at 928 North Coast Highway. For more information, please call (800)350-7873 or visit www.visitoceanside.org.