Scholarships for NC County students – deadline May 4
Oceanside CA—Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation Visual Arts Scholarships are presented to graduating high school seniors seeking to further their education in visual arts based upon their experience and accreditation from contests and arts programs. The scholarships are intended for student visual artists specializing in unique artwork such as paintings, sculptures, stained glass, ceramics, fine jewelry, digital media, and photography. To be considered for this award, student candidates from North County San Diego must submit a typed 1-2 page application, which includes the following information:
- name, current telephone number, and mailing address, email address, name of high school;
- high school coursework in the visual arts field, including completed and current;
- additional outside or extracurricular visual arts experience and contests;
- future educational and career goals;
- how this scholarship would benefit and/or assist the applicant.
- why this scholarship should be awarded to the applicant;
- and minimum three photo examples of their own work either on printed photo paper or in digital format, such as DVD, SD card, or flash drive.
Additionally, applicants might want to optionally include a Letter of Recommendation from their high school arts instructor. The photos should showcase the student’s best efforts and participants are asked to make sure their work presentation underscores their talents. The digital storage media will not be returned. Students are advised not to email photos of their work. Submit scholarship package to Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, PO Box 3054, Oceanside, CA, 92051. Application deadline is Monday, May 4, 2015. For questions email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation is a non-profit company with 25 years of history known for its support of visual and other arts programs. Its flagship event Oceanside Days of Art, 23rd annual visual art festival, took place earlier this year. It is an organization of charitable nature whose goal is to broaden the cultural, artistic, musical and performing arts in Oceanside and the surrounding communities. All proceeds from its yearly events are used to provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors (not just from Oceanside but from throughout North County San Diego) pursing artistic and performing arts degrees, and to organize more quality events in this city. For more information see www.ocaf.info