Carlsbad CA— Registration is open for City of Carlsbad summer camps, offering sports, arts, science and other programs for kids 3 to 16, from June 15 through Aug. 28.
“Our Summer Camps & Activities Guide is filled with more than 20 pages of activities for your child to enjoy during their summer vacation, including more than 200 swim lessons for children of all ages and ability,” said City of Carlsbad Senior Management Analyst Bonnie Elliott. “We offer cooking classes, creative arts classes, even a class on how to survive in the wilderness, so there’s truly a camp for every interest.”
Camp themes include art, science and exploration, sports and fitness, or traditional day camps that run all summer long. Some of the camps offered this year include:
- Pirate Adventure, where participants travel to Pirate Island to discover treasure chests, sandy beaches, colorful parrots and lots of fun and adventure.
- The “Original” Dreams and Fairytales camp, which celebrates all things colorful as participants decorate, decoupage and design jewelry boxes, fairytale sculptures, collage castles and more.
- Film Making & Music Video Camp, where future moguls learn how to create a storyboard, write a screenplay and produce a film.
- Junior Zoo Keeper, where budding animal stewards learn about all types of mammals, including lions, tigers and bears, oh my.
- Minecraft Pre-Engineering, which employs tens of thousands of LEGO pieces to create predesigned objects such as motorized cars, bridges, mazes and other projects.
- Mysteries of Magic, where young magicians learn new tricks that will amaze family and friends.
- Monster Mash Up, where campers travel to the depths of the ocean and the outer limits of space to meet enormous sea monsters, massive land creatures and silly alien friends. Little artists will paint, sculpt, print and draw “monstrously” good artistic creations.
- Survivalist camp, where tenderfoots learn how to build a fire, cook outside, navigate using natural landmarks and graduate as full-fledged adventurers. Building shelter, finding water, growing food and identifying edibles will all be covered in this week of outdoor challenges.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, where campers learn such crazy reptilian skills as karate, pizza making and crime solving.
- Star Wars, a one-stop, kid-friendly camp that explores the ever-expanding universe of Star Wars.
- Around the World in Five Days Cooking Camp, where novice chefs explore different cultures through cuisine. Campers will travel to a different region of the world each day, learning a little bit about the culture and creating a dish from that corner of the globe.
Elliott encourages parents to sign up early, since many camps sell out.
Visit www.carlsbadconnect.org to register and to view all the other camps available.