Oceanside CA— Not interested in seeing the Oceanside fireworks display in Friday? Then join up with artists from San Diego to Redondo Beach on July 3rd at the First Friday ArtWalk for a celebration of graffiti, cartoon, and tattoo artists will get your creative exploding.
Also Friday at 7:00 pm, The Board of Directors of The historic Star Theatre will unveil the original neon marquee restored to its 1956 glory. It is the largest neon marquee west of the Mississippi River and one of the largest neon marquees in operation in the United States.
The evening will include an art exhibit in the theater, a musical performance, refreshments, and entertainment by the Star Theatre’s 50’s-60’s band, “Not Fade Away.”
More on the dedication can be found [Here]
The suggested start point for First Friday ArtWalk is the Oceanside Museum of Art, 704 Pier View Way. The First Friday Art Walk is from 6 pm – 9 pm.
- Explore your Street Artist at Endurance House.
- Have you face painted and body henna (temporary) tattooed at Beauty 101
- Drink in the work of the late San Diego Artist, Robert Piser, at The Gallery at the Brooks
- Music at Star Theatre, Oceanside Theatre, Main Street, Earth Culture, and Artist Alley
- Art of Wesley White at Banana Dang
Map/zines for all locations available at all locations.