Home / News / Thanksgiving Day Fire Damages Oceanside Home

Thanksgiving Day Fire Damages Oceanside Home

Oceanside CA— At approximately 11:11am Thanksgiving morning, units from the Oceanside Fire Department responded to a report of a single-family residential structure fire at 2356 Seasons Rd. This was the second fire on that street in the past five days as fire damaged another home at 2312 Seasons Rd on Saturday, November 21, 2015.[Link]

The first unit arrived in approximately 5 minutes after dispatch, reporting moderate to heavy smoke coming from the residence.

Crews advanced interior attack lines to complete a primary search for occupants and locate the fire. Additional crews arrived to support the first arriving crews and the fire was located and confined to the kitchen. A search of the residence was completed at the same time the owner of the home was located to verify no one else was inside the home.

The fire was contained to the kitchen which was destroyed and water damage from firefighting operations was kept to a minimum. The fire was extinguished and under control fifteen minutes after the first units arrived at the scene. Additional crews immediately began salvage operations of the occupant’s property and complete overhaul of the fire area was complete.

The fire started as a cooking fire and quickly spread through flooring material which then communicated the fire to the kitchen cabinets. The owner was the only one home at the time the fire started.

Total damage has been estimated at $50,000, including $30,000 to the structure and $20,000 in contents affected by smoke damage throughout the house.