How to Get Started
By David Alemian
A question I often get about retirement is: What’s the best way to start saving for retirement? It’s a great question because I want you to start out going in the right direction. Moreover, if you are currently going in the wrong direction, as most people are, the sooner you start going in the right direction, the better!
- Let’s figure out how much retirement income you will need. Notice I said retirement income, not a lump-sum. You want a retirement income for you and your spouse that is guaranteed to last your entire lifetime.
- Let’s make this your #1 retirement goal: a lifetime income stream that will fully support you and your spouse. This one simple goal will guarantee that you and your spouse will never run out of money.
- Decide at what age you would like to retire. You now have your second goal: A retirement date.
- You want to use an equity indexed universal life insurance policy as your primary retirement savings vehicle, because the income will be 100% tax free.
- A life insurance agent who specializes in retirement planning can accurately calculate how much money you’ll need to put into the life insurance policy. The amount of money will depend on your age, your health, your retirement date, and the amount of retirement income you will need.
What we’ve just done is taken the guesswork out of retirement because you will know how much you need to save, and for how long a period of time.
A plan like this gives you direction, it gives you focus, and it’s easy to get started. It doesn’t require time and energy to maintain like real estate, or stocks, or anything else that has a risk of loss which forces you to keep a constant eye on it. It’s safe and secure and it gets you to where you and your spouse want to go, and that’s the bottom line.
If you have questions send me an email to David@TheAlemianFile.com. Check out my website www.TheAlemianFile.com and absolutely make sure you come back here next week for another edition of The Alemian File.
About David Alemian
Successfully creating affordable retirement plans guaranteed to last a lifetime is a unique, specialty skill. It’s a challenging arena but respected writer David Alemian makes it look easy. Alemian is a leading retirement expert and nationally recognized authority whose expertise is shared via video columns, numerous journals, and talk-shows.
His national recognition results from both revolutionizing and revitalizing how organizations and individuals like you and me plan and save for retirement. Alemian is considered “The Go-To Guy” for creating and implementing absolutely irresistible, lifetime retirement pension programs.
Formerly the host of “It’s About Money” Radio Show, Alemian has also produced and is featured in over 200 financial education videos. Additional content can be found in many well-respected, publications including: MD Magazine, Physician’s Money Digest, Physicians Practice, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Consultant Live, Psychiatric Times, Cancer Network, OB/GYN.net, and The Healthcare Executives Network.