Oceanside CA— For the first time, MiraCosta College is offering a Motorcyclist Training Course. This training is designed primarily for beginning and inexperienced riders. This class is required by the DMV for any rider under the age of 21 seeking his or her first California motorcycle license. DMV certificates will be issued for successful completion of this course. MiraCosta’s motorcyclist training course includes 5 hours of classroom and 10 hours of on-cycle instruction.
- Motorcycles are provided. A helmet and gloves may be borrowed if necessary.
- Classroom portion is 6–9 p.m.
- Riding portion is on Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m.–noon.
- For military members, these courses meet the level 1, 2 and 3 requirements of the military.
- Riders must have pants, a long sleeve shirt, and footwear that cover the ankles.
- Taking this course may allow you to have the riding portion of the DMV test waived.
- Show your completion card to your insurance agent for a possible discount on your motorcycle insurance.
- You must be at least 15 1/2 years old. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have parental permission and they must sign the waiver.
Fee: $258 or $180 (if under 21). Class will be held at MiraCosta College, 1 Barnard Drive, Oceanside. For upcoming class dates, go to inlandvalleymotorsportstraining.com.
To enroll, please call 760.207.2171.