San Diego County CA— As luck would have it, St Patrick’s Day happens twice this year, and for a good cause. Dust off your favorite green outfit and join Barons Market, a locally owned grocery store that sells simply good food at simply good prices, on Wednesday, March 16 for a St. Paddy’s Day themed beer and food tasting with San Diego brewer, Modern Times.
This savory celebration not only tastes good, but does good. Barons Market will donate 100 percent of proceeds from its three San Diego locations to the San Diego Food Bank. In 2015, the local market raised nearly $32,000 for local organizations throughout Southern California.
Barons’ Backroom Beer Pairings transform loading docks and stock rooms into food and local brew speakeasies. Friends and neighbors will gather at their neighborhood store to sample local beers paired with savory appetizers made from the market’s selection of all-natural ingredients.
The menu includes:
- A refreshing, fruity beer to welcome guests
- Smoked salmon pizza paired with Lomaland: a bright, rustic saison
- Dubliner grilled cheese with mango chutney paired with Fortunate Islands: a hoppy, citrusy wheat beer
- Ruben cupcakes paired with Blazing World: a hoppy, dank amber ale
- Chocolate stout cake paired with the option of Black House coffee: a roasty stout, or City of the Dead: a full-bodied, chocolate coffee stout.
“When people feel down on their luck, food always lifts spirits and provides a bit of comfort,” says Rachel Shemirani, vice president of marketing for Barons Market. “The real treat of these tastings isn’t the food – it’s bringing neighbors together to raise money for deserving organizations in our community.”
Grab your green and head to one of Barons Market’s San Diego locations from 6 – 8 p.m. on March 16. Space is limited, so purchase $15 tickets today for a food and beer match-up that will knock your green socks off.