Oceanside CA— The Carlsbad- Oceanside Art League’s Annual High School Art Show is on display in the OPT Underground Gallery from April 5 – April 17. The exhibit features 275 of the best art from Carlsbad, Oceanside and Vista in a variety of media.
The show was judged by Lou Kasza and Phyllis Swanson with over $1000 in awards presented to students during a reception, at the gallery, on April 3.
Among the top winners are:
- Best of Show – LaurenSpears, Mission Vista
- Watercolor Award – Coral Robertson, Carlsbad
- Bob Johnson Award – Geraldo Zuniga, Rancho Buena Vista
- Marron McDowell Award – Ignacio Castillo, Rancho Buena Vista
- MiraCosta Art Faculty Award – Chloe Bahr, Oceanside
- Chair’s Choice – Israel Gonzales, Oceanside
- Nugent Award – Cresha Smith, Oceanside.
In addition, four Rhino Art Awards and first, second, third and honorable mention awards were given in nine categories.
The exhibit is located, 918 Mission Ave. and is open Tuesday through Thursday, 12:30 – 4:30pm and 10am -5pm during the Oceanside Days of Art