San Marcos CA— Take a good look at the surveillance photo above of a woman wanted in connection with a package theft in San Marcos. It happened on March 31st just before 1:00 p.m. in the 2500 block of Corbel Way.
Surveillance video shows a woman knocking at the front door then holding up a piece of paper to cover her face from the camera. She then picks up two UPS packages and walks out of the camera’s view. They contain household items estimated at $100.
Someone out there knows the suspect. If you recognize her, call the San Marcos Sheriff’s Station and ask for Detective Monica Brown at (760) 510-5236.
Keep these safety tips in mind when ordering items online:
• Choose a shipping option so you can sign for delivery. Request friends and relatives sending you a package to do the same and ask for a tracking number.
• Keep an eye on the package’s delivery status. Sign up for email or text alerts.
• Ship the package to another location such as your office if you won’t be home to receive it.
• Leave special instructions on where to deliver packages (behind bushes, side or back patio, etc.).
• Choose delivery pickup.
• Insure your packages
• Get to know your carriers.
• Be a good neighbor. Look out for each other.
• Report suspicious activity or vehicles to the Sheriff’s Department. Call (858) 565-5200.
It is a federal offense to steal mail or packages delivered by the United States Postal Service (USPS). These investigations are handled by the United States Postal Inspection Service.