Oceanside CA— The 9th annual WSL 6-star Paul Mitchell Supergirl Pro Surf competition returns to Oceanside July 22-24. It’s the perfect weekend alternative to ComicCon, where you can get outside the convention center to enjoy the sun & sea and join thousands of fans to watch the world’s best female surfers compete – All for free.
- The contest serves as the ONLY women’s WSL qualifying event in the US for the 2016 season and plays a critical role for surfers looking to earn a spot on the 2017 ASP Women’s World Championship Tour (WCT)
- Plus, experience the free Festival Village with live bands, fashion, fitness, autograph signings, skateboarding competitions, beer garden, food trucks, celebrities, and more!
New to SuperGirl Surf Pro This year:
- Saturday: The first-ever all-girls eSports tournament
- Sunday: Celebrity Surf Competition featuring some of the biggest names in TV, Film, Music, and Sports
- Supergirl Summit hosted by female leaders in athletics, entertainment, education, and business
- DJ competitions and live music provided by event partner iHeart Media
More than 110 Pro Surfers make Supergirl Pro the largest female contest in the world, including reigning Supergirl champ Tatiana Weston-Webb and former champs Sage Erickson, Malia Manuel, Lakey Peterson, Courtney Conlogue, and Coco Ho, among other world class surfers: Alana Blanchard, Nikki Van Dijk, Silvana Lima, Bianca Buitendag, Laura Enever, Johanne Defay, Dimity Stoyle, and more.
The event is located immediately adjacent to the south of Oceanside Pier at the end of Mission Ave.
There is free and paid parking in seven city-controlled lots on Mission Ave., within two blocks of the event site (on Mission Ave between Cleveland Street and North Pacific Street)
*Full event schedule will be available soon