Encinitas CA— The Encinitas Historical Society will hold a free docent-led walking tour of Historic Encinitas on Saturday, June 18. Meet at the 1883 Schoolhouse at 10:00 a.m. at 390 W. F Street.
During the tour visitors will find out about the history of how Encinitas came to be known as the “Flower Capital.” They will also learn why early settlers came to town in the 1880s and hear the background about buildings that were built in the 1920s by Encinitas’ first “recycler,” Miles Kellogg. The most photographed buildings in Encinitas are also a stop on the tour.
The tour finishes around noon. For more information, call docent Susan Daniel at (760) 274-7804.