San Diego County CA— San Diego County Sheriff’s Department Stations, Substations and Headquarters will be closed on Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day. All detention facilities will remain open. The closure to the public of business offices will not impact deputies in the field or employees scheduled for on-call.
The Sheriff’s Bomb/Arson Unit is reminding San Diegans it’s illegal to possess and use fireworks in the county. It’s also illegal to transport fireworks from elsewhere into San Diego County or to make homemade fireworks or explosives. Those convicted of possessing and/or using fireworks could be fined up to $50,000 and sent to prison or jail for up to one year. Fines can be significantly increased depending upon the amount of property loss or if someone is hurt or killed in a fire sparked by fireworks. Leave the fireworks to the professionals. For a list of fireworks shows in the county, visit http://goo.gl/wYed1o.
Be aware of Independence Day road closures, parking restrictions and traffic delays in areas patrolled by the Sheriff’s Department:
Del Mar/Rancho Santa Fe
• Expect heavy traffic in and around the San Diego County Fair, especially around Via De La Valle, Del Mar Heights Road and Lomas Santa Fe Drive from 10:00 a.m. to midnight. Parking meters will be enforced in the City of Del Mar with no exception for holidays.
• There will also be road closures during the Rancho Santa Fe Association’s Independence Day Parade and Picnic from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Avoid the areas near Linea Del Cielo, Paseo Delicias, Via De Santa Fe, Avenida De Acacias and La Granada in Downtown Rancho Santa Fe.
• Expect traffic delays and extremely limited parking spots along the beaches of Del Mar, Encinitas and Solana Beach. Pay attention to posted signs, do not obstruct private or public driveways, fire lanes, handicapped parking or cut curbs. Crossing on railroad tracks to access the beach is illegal. Your car can also be towed if you park too close to the train tracks.
• Road closures will be in effect near Bringle Terrace Park, located in the 1200 block of Vale Terrace Drive. Vale Terrace Drive between East Vista Way and Vale Terrace Place will be closed from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
• Expect delays near Poway High School, located along the 15000 block of Espola Road, between 6:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
AAA says nearly 43 million Americans will travel this Fourth of July weekend. Don’t become a victim on your way to your holiday destination. Help us prevent car burglaries. Watch our Lock It or Lose It video: https://vimeo.com/158533316.