Carlsbad CA— Results from the 35th annual Carlsbad Triathlon were released by the City of Carlsbad Parks and Recreation Department. The race — one of the longest running municipal triathlons in the country — took place this morning, Sunday, July 10, 2016, at Tamarack Beach in Carlsbad with more than 700 participants, ranging in age from 13 to 78, competing in 30 divisions.
In the Elite Men’s Division Robby Webster, 26, from Tacoma, Washington, finished in first place. Webster, who currently trains at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, will compete at the Rotterdam Tri Championships in two weeks. Dylan Sorensen, 26, from Whitestown, Indiana, was second. Andrew Shore, 34, from Carlsbad, who came in fifth place in 2015, was third this year.
Finishing first in the Elite Women’s Division was Michellie Jones, 46, from Carlsbad, who won an unprecedented 11th victory. Among her other accomplishments, Jones won a silver medal in the inaugural triathlon event in the 2000 Olympics and a first place in the 2006 Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii. Susanne David, 30, from Carlsbad, placed second and Jenny Perrottet, 36, from San Diego finished in third place.
Unofficial Elite Division results from the Carlsbad Triathlon include:
ELITE DIVISION – MEN
- Robby Webster, 26 (Tacoma, WA) – 1:10:24
- Dylan Sorensen, 26 (Whitestown, IN) – 1:11:40
- Andrew Shore, 34 (Carlsbad, CA) ‑ 1:12:26
- Ryan Hardy, 31 (Scottsdale, AZ) – 1:13:23
- Casey Bateman, 25 (San Diego, CA) – 1:13:41
ELITE DIVISION ‑ WOMEN
- Michellie Jones, 46 (Carlsbad, CA) – 1:16:07
- Susanne Davis, 30 (Carlsbad, CA) – 1:23:45
- Jenny Perrottet, 36 (San Diego, CA) – 1:24:44
- Kelsey Baker, 25 (Carlsbad, CA) – 1:26:07
- Rachel Hayes, 40 (Coronado, CA) – 1:36:34
Official results are posted online at www.CarlsbadTriathlon.com