Oceanside CA— MiraCosta College’s Community Education and Workforce Development Program is offering the following not-for-credit community workshop courses this fall:
Human Resources Certificate Program
This program is appropriate for individuals who are not yet HR professionals and for HR veterans who wish to update their skills. This program was developed to enable participants to complete their studies in just three days and has been approved for 22.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPRH recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). All content is designed to address core HR competencies:
- History and role of human resources in today’s workplace
- Creating and administering an effective HR department
- Compensation, benefits and retirement programs
- Staffing (recruiting and retention) strategies
- Employment law and compliance hot topics
- Effective employee relations and termination
Fee: $98/class or $530 for all six sessions. Location: Technology Career Institute
2075 Las Palmas Drive, Carlsbad. Fridays, 9/9–9/23, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and
Explore 100 Home-Based Business Ideas
Are you tired of working for someone else? Do you need to make more money? In this workshop, you will learn:
- What it takes to be an entrepreneur
- Mandatory home business paperwork
- Details for 100 home business ideas
- How to take tax deductions (this workshop Included)
- All about business marketing, networking, and publicity
This is probably the most comprehensive business startup workshop you will ever find, so if you really want to succeed in a home business, this step-by-step session is a must!
Fee: $50 Location: Oceanside Campus, Room 3511 Time: 1 Wednesday, 9/14, 6–8 PM
This class will teach you the basic fundamentals and techniques. Bring your own projects to learn on. This class will take you through fabrics, planning, terminology as well as using hand tools for upholstery. Topics:
- Tools terms and supplies
- Overview of sewing machines
- Measuring and estimating
- Pattern layout (charting)
- Selecting fabrics
Fee: $125. Location: Landes Recreation Center 2855 Cedar Road, Oceanside. Time: Mondays, 9/12–11/7, 5–9 p.m.
Advanced students will build on their intermediate knowledge and will be learning additional as well as more difficult and technical techniques. Fee: $185. Location: Landes Recreation Center, 2855 Cedar Road, Oceanside. Time: Saturdays, 9/10–10/29 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
For registration information, call 760.795.6820.