Oceanside CA— Out of 1,655 community colleges in the United States, MiraCosta College ranked number three in Rate My Professors’ 2015-2016 Third Highest-Rated Junior and Community College List.
Published last week, the lists rank the nation’s highest-rated universities, junior colleges and professors based on ratings submitted by students.
“One way that students share their student life experiences is through Rate My Professors’ rating system,” said MiraCosta College Superintendent/President Dr. Sunny Cooke. “We are proud that our students want to share their extremely positive experiences and this is a direct indicator of the personalized way in which we motivate and inspire our students to achieve their educational and career goals.”
Indeed, many students have positive things to say about their experience at MiraCosta College, which attributes the college’s 4.1 overall quality rating.
Here are some things students shared about MiraCosta:
- MiraCosta’s academics are by far the best for a community college. Most professors go above their job expectations and want to see you thrive.
- I love MiraCosta College. The staff there are very helpful, the professors are professional. They’re always so positive and encouraging—every single staff member I have encountered, it’s been very positive…Thank you guys for all you do for us too and we really appreciate it.
- Beautiful campus. Lots of places to study outside. It has a great atmosphere, very peaceful.
- I love MiraCosta College! I have met so many great people from all walks of life. I highly recommend this community college to everyone looking to further their education.
- I love this school and all the professors. I’ve learned so much academically, but also have opened my eyes to being a responsible human and how to give back.
- Great university quality teachers, classes and similar opportunities without the large overwhelming campus and classrooms. A lot to offer yet still intimate and community driven!
- It’s a really great campus, both Oceanside and San Elijo… grounds are beautiful, staff is well-rounded and passionate, and the cafés on both campuses provide good and variety of food options. Love both campuses and would recommend to anyone.
- Feel very well prepared to transfer to a public ivy league university. MiraCosta helped me get a paid internship in the field I want to work in. Best School EVER!
According to RateMyProfessor.com, the highest-rated schools are based on both the overall Professor Average rating and the Overall School Rating. The site contains more than 7,000 schools and 17 million ratings in its database and is the highest trafficked free site for researching and rating professors in the nation.