San Diego Locals Win Big on Popular Game Show
Culver City CA— Wheel of Fortune has selected San Diego to be featured as one of its “Great American Cities” during a specially themed week airing now. This week, all the contestants are from the San Diego area. Some of the contestants include:
- Kelly Berkowitz of San Diego, Calif. was a contestant on Monday, February 20, 2017. She is a full-time mom and part-time bartender. Always a fan of “Wheel,” she grew up watching the show with her mother and now tunes in every night with her husband and son. Kelly won $58,000 in cash and prizes including a trip to Hawaii.
- Jason Kugler of Chula Vista, Calif. was a contestant on Tuesday, February 21, 2017. He is a U.S. Navy Senior Chief who likes to restore old cars in his free time. Jason won $20,650 in cash and prizes, including a trip to Uganda. He plans to use his winnings to take his family on a vacation.
- Brandy Holmes of Temecula, Calif. will be a contestant on Wednesday, February 22, 2017. She is a server who enjoys sewing in her free time. Brandy hopes to use her winnings to travel. Brandy won $61,100 in cash.
- Sheana Turner of Chula Vista, Calif. will be a contestant on Thursday, February 23, 2017. She is an executive assistant who enjoys dancing and running in her free time. A huge fan of “Wheel,” she tunes in every night with her husband and their two children. Sheana hopes to use her winnings to travel the world. Sheana won $49,490 in cash and prizes, including a trip to London
- Tim McClean of Oceanside, Calif. will be a contestant tonight, Friday, February 24, 2017. He is a Marine veteran who works at Camp Pendelton as a computer scientist. Tim’s winning’s are embargoed until after the show airs.
To find the contestants for the week of shows the Wheelmobile, the shows promotional vehicle, held events at Harrah’s Resort in the San Diego area. Then final auditions were held in the city.
About Wheel of Fortune:
Reaching nearly 27 million weekly viewers, Wheel of Fortune is the most watched* program on television. Trademarked as America’s Game™, it has earned seven Emmy Awards including a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Game/Audience Participation Show. Wheel of Fortune is produced by Sony Pictures Television, a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company. It is distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and internationally by CBS Studios International, both units of CBS Corp.
*Nielsen NPower, Q2, 2016 (3/28-6/26/2016); Live+7 avg weekly reach; P2+ (000); 6+ min qualifier