Carlsbad CA—The City of Carlsbad’s Cultural Arts Office invites photographers to submit work for an upcoming exhibition at Deedie’s House at the historic Leo Carrillo Ranch. Deadline for submission is March 26.
At a Glance
- The Deedie’s House Photography Exhibition is open to artists 18 years of age and older, who live, work or have a studio in San Diego County.
- Contemporary artists can submit photographs of any subject. Special consideration will be given to photographs of Leo Carrillo Ranch.
- Submissions must be delivered or postmarked by March 26.
- The juror selecting work for the exhibition is Annie Lemoux, artist and adjunct UCSD photography professor.
- The exhibition runs from April 23 through Aug. 27.
- Juror’s Choice Awards will be awarded at the opening reception. 1st Place: $200, 2nd Place, $150 and 3rd Place $100.
A $20 (non-refundable) entry fee is required from each artist. A complete call for entries can be found on the city’s website. There are three ways to submit:
- Hand deliver: Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Cannon Art Gallery or Cultural Arts Office (2nd floor) Carlsbad City Library Complex 1775 Dove Lane Carlsbad, CA 92011
- Mail: (Postmarked no later than March 26, 2017) Karen McGuire Cultural Arts Office 1775 Dove Lane Carlsbad, CA 92011 Note: Non-accepted CDs and USB drives will only be returned if a self-addressed stamped envelope is included.
- Email: Email images and entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org ($20 entry fee must be mailed to the Cultural Arts Office to be eligible)
Even More Information
Leo Carrillo Historic Park contains hand-crafted adobe structures, plentiful trees and agave where visitors experience California history in the company of numbers of peacocks who call the ranch home. The Spanish hacienda style ranch, once a weekend retreat for actor Leo Carrillo, was purchased in 1937 and designed in tribute to Carrillo’s ancestors. While designing the retreat, Carrillo created a small adobe artist studio for his wife Edith, known as Deedie’s House.