San Diego CA— For the first time, North Park neighbors will join communities across Southern California at Barons Market’s unmatched grocery store speakeasy experience. On March 15, Barons and Hangar 24, a microbrewery based in Redlands, will bring the tremendously popular Backroom Beer Pairing series to Barons’ seven Southern California locations – including the new North Park store.
Barons’ Backroom Beer Pairings transform loading docks and stock rooms into food and local brew speakeasies. Friends will gather at their neighborhood store to sample Hangar 24 brews paired with savory appetizers made from the market’s selection of all-natural ingredients. A select team of Barons taste experts and Hangar 24 beer makers carefully curate an experience that is full of unparalleled flavor – and easy to replicate at home.
“Backroom Beer Pairings embody everything that Barons values – good food, good drinks and bringing our community together,” says Rachel Shemirani, vice president of marketing for Barons. “We’re newcomers to North Park, but we know from years of hosting this event that it’s the perfect fit for the neighborhood. Delicious food and beer are part of what makes North Park special, and they are also an essential part of Barons’ identity.”
The mouthwatering menu for the March 15 event includes:
- Experimental Blonde – a bright, refreshing brew with a malty aroma but crisp taste to welcome guests
- Orange Wheat – crisp, tangy, refreshing and made with whole locally grown oranges – paired with Dubliner cheddar and bacon potato bites
- Betty IPA – an American IPA with a huge range of juicy aromas and flavors – paired with curry chicken salad lettuce cups
- Iconic Double IPA – brewed with four distinctly American hops all beautifully balanced by five malts and generous additions of local orange blossom honey – paired with Rueben pizza
- Easy Glider – pronounced citrus, tropical fruit and floral aromas complement a crisp malt body – paired with mango chipotle brie crostini
This savory celebration tastes good, and does good. Barons Market will donate 100 percent of proceeds from its four San Diego locations to Second Chance Dog Rescue. In 2016, the market raised more than $26,000 for local organizations through its Backroom Beer Pairings.
To join the fun, head to one of Barons Market’s seven Southern California locations from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on March 15. Tickets will sell out, so purchase yours for $15 today.