Carlsbad CA— The City of Carlsbad offers a variety of fun and exciting spring camps for kids ages 3 to 14, during the week of April 3 -7, to coincide with spring break for Carlsbad, San Marcos and Encinitas Unified school districts. Online registration is now open.
At a Glance
- Challenger Sports Soccer camp at Poinsettia and Alga Norte community parks will help 3 to 14 years olds improve ball skills, build confidence and make new friends.
- Coach Cooper’s Skate USA camp at Alga Norte Skate Park will provide 5 to 13 year olds with a great foundation for beginners or the needed guidance for the more experienced skateboarder.
- In Basketball camp at Calavera Hills Community Center, 6 to 14 year olds will learn skills to put them on the fast track to becoming a confident basketball player.
- Pee Wee – Under the Stars camp at Holiday Park, for 3 to 5 year olds, will engage little ones with arts and crafts, boogie time, circle stories and water play. Camp meets from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Kidz/Explorer – Fantasy & Adventure camp at Holiday Park, for ages 5 to 13, will offer a full day of sports, crafts and games and will include field trips to the movies and Disneyland.
- Aspiring chefs will love Top Chef Cooking camp at Harding Community Center, where 6 to 12 year olds will learn food handling skills, menu preparation and how to cook delicious dishes.
- Smash Lab camp at Alga Norte Community Park will allow campers to build structures and put them through the ultimate test. Kids will figure out how things work and then smash them.
Summer camps and classes are also now for online registration. “Our Spring/Summer Community Services Guide is filled with more than 70 pages of activities for your child to enjoy during their spring and summer vacation, including swim lessons for children of all ages and ability,” said City of Carlsbad Senior Management Analyst Bonnie Elliott. “We offer film making, Disney princesses, ceramics, pirate adventures, Star Wars, laser tag and even a camp on how to build epic forts, so there’s truly a camp for every interest.” Camp themes include creative and performing arts, aquatics, science and exploration, sports and fitness and traditional day camps that run from June 19 through Aug. 25.
Even More Information
The Community Services Guide is available online and at community centers, libraries and city buildings. Parents should sign up early, since many camps sell out. Registration is now open at www.carlsbadconnect.org.
Visit www.carlsbadca.gov/parksandrec, or call 760-602-7510.