Encinitas CA— The Encinitas Historical Society will hold a free walking tour of Historic Encinitas on Saturday, March 18. The tour, which is led by a volunteer docent, begins at the 1883 Schoolhouse at 10:00 a.m. at 390 West F Street.
During the tour, the participants will find out about the history of how Encinitas came to be known as the “Flower Capital.” They will also learn why early settlers came to town in the 1880s and hear the background about buildings that were built in the 1920s by Encinitas’ first “recycler,” Miles Kellogg. The most photographed buildings in Encinitas are also a stop on the tour. The tour finishes around noon.
For more information about the walking tour, call the Encinitas Historical Society President Carolyn Cope at (760) 753-4834.