Borrego Springs CA— It’s expected to be another busy weekend in Borrego Springs, as thousands of people head to the desert to enjoy the “Super Bloom.” These huge crowds have created traffic problems on roadways in and around Borrego Springs.
Once again, the Sheriff’s Department’s Rural Command has the following tips for anyone who plans to visit Borrego Springs to see the wildflower bloom:
- Follow all instructions given by Sheriff’s Deputies and other law enforcement agencies related to the traffic situation in Borrego Springs.
- Try visiting the area during the week when there are fewer crowds.
- If you plan on visiting during a weekend, expect traffic delays up to several hours on roads leading in and out of Borrego Springs.
- Do NOT stop your vehicle in the middle of the road. Find a legal spot to park on the side of the road or in a parking lot.
- Respect private property. Anyone caught damaging or parking on private property will be cited.
- Pick up any trash you have and dispose of it properly.
- Come prepared by bringing plenty of water, food/snacks and make sure your cell phone is fully charged.
- Make sure you have a full tank of gas and check your car’s tire pressure.
- In the event of an emergency, dial 9-1-1 or call the Sheriff’s Department at (858) 565-5200.
The Sheriff’s Department thanks everyone for their cooperation and patience. Enjoy the “Super Bloom” and stay safe!