Oceanside CA— North County’s largest Earth Day Festival in Downtown Oceanside on Saturday April 22nd from 10am to 3pm in Downtown Oceanside, on the Corner of Pier View Way & Tremont Street. Some highlights for Earth Festival 2017 include:
- EXPLORE our Vintage Market and connect with local businesses that showcase unique upcycled and repurposed gifts, home decor and clothing that set you apart from the ordinary.
- Local bands featured on our 101 KGB Stage, sponsored by the Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians, will help you GROOVE your way to Earth Day.
- LEARN how to live a greener more sustainable lifestyle from expert vendors with products and information about protecting our environment, alternative energy, water-wise landscaping, health and wellness, and much more.
- Have FUN in the imaginative Eco-Kids Zone where kids of all ages learn and become inspired to protect our environment through engaging hands on activities!
- RIDE your bike to Earth Festival and rest easy with free bike valet parking with Bike/Walk Oceanside.
Loma Alta Creek and Beach Clean-up
Join community volunteers from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. to remove trash and debris from Loma Alta Creek and Oceanside beaches. Removing trash from rivers, creeks, and the ocean protects the health of humans, wildlife, and the livelihoods that depend on healthy waterways. Volunteers can choose from several sites and will receive cleanup supplies, refreshments, and community service hours. The Loma Alta Creek Cleanup is sponsored by Waste Management, I Love a Clean San Diego, and Harrahs Resort. Volunteers can pre-register and download waiver forms at www.CreektoBay.org.
Do-it-yourself Compost Bin Workshop
Have you considered buying a compost bin for your home, but find they are too expensive or they don’t reflect your personal style? The DIY Compost Bin Workshop will guide you through the process of creating a compost bin by using repurposed items from your home. Instruction and worms will be provided! Registration is required.
Visit www.elcorazoncompostfacility.com for registration information.