San Diego County CA— Bike to Work Day is Thursday, May 18, 2017. Since May is National Bike Month, San Diegans have opportunities to GO by BIKE all month long. Bike Month 2016 supports biking as a viable, environmentally friendly, cost-saving commute choice. With thousands of miles of bikeways in the San Diego region, biking gets you where you need to go. Make biking to work your new normal.
A total of 100 Bike to Work Day pit stops are planned, which will be open from 6 to 9 a.m. on Thursday, May 18 for anyone who registers. Pit stops offer fun breaks for new and experienced bike riders to rest and pick up a FREE t-shirt, snacks, and encouragement. For a list of the Bike to Work 2017 pit stop locations, check out the pit stop map.
Pit Stops in Oceanside:
- City of Oceanside– San Luis Rey Recreational Trail at College Ave
- City of Oceanside– City Hall Plaza
- City of Oceanside and Performance Bike– Sprinter Station at Oceanside Blvd and Rancho del Oro
- Kombucha On Tap & Partnerships with Industry- Oceanside Blvd. and Melrose Drive, near the AM/PM.
Pit Stops in Carlsbad:
- City of Carlsbad, The seawall at Frazee Beach, Carlsbad Boulevard and Pine Avenue
- City of Carlsbad, The Island & Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation -5814 Van Allen Way
- Canari Cyclewear, Palomar Airport Road and Carlsbad Boulevard
- ViaSat, 6155 El Camino Real
- Velofix and Swami’s Cycling Club, west side (southbound) of 101, just north of La Costa Ave.
Pit Stop in Encinitas:
- Nytro Multisport & Dudek– 940 S. Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas
Pit Stop in Solana Beach:
- Revolution Bike Shop and City of Solana Beach– 235 S. Hwy 101, Solana Beach
Pit Stop in Del Mar:
- City of Del Mar– 1104 Camino Del Mar, Del Mar
- Competitor Group Inc-Located at the Park & Ride under the 56 & 5 freeway merge.
Pit Stop in Vista:
- Watkins Manufacturing Corporation– 1280 Park Center Drive, Lower parking lot on left side of the building. They will be providing a free gift to those riders who stop by.
- Visit Escondido– 235 E. Grand Ave, Escondido
iCommute is hosting a Facebook contest to vote for your favorite Bike to Work Day commuter, commuter group, and pit stop. To participate, share a Bike to Work Day photo between May 18 – 21 on their @iCommuteSD Facebook page. Use #BTWDcommuter, #BTWDcommutergroup, or #BTWDpitstop to let them know which category you would like to enter. iCommute will post an album with all entries on the Facebook page, Monday, May 22. The photo with the most likes and loves in each category by Friday, May 26 will win a prize package! Get creative – decorate your bike, coordinate a theme with coworkers, or create a photo collage. For more details, view the Official Rules of the contest.
Additional Bike to Work Day details. In the interest of participant safety, the SANDAG iCommute program reserves the right to postpone, reschedule, or cancel Bike to Work Day due to dangerous or inclement weather conditions, which may include but are not limited to earthquake, fire, lightning, hail, heavy rain, or natural disaster. In the event of dangerous or inclement weather conditions on May 18, 2017, Bike to Work Day may be postponed to the following Thursday, May 25. The SANDAG iCommute program will make every attempt to announce a postponement at least 48 hours in advance. All registered participants will be notified via email regarding any event postponement or cancellation. Potential Bike to Work Day participants are strongly encouraged to register online prior to the event to ensure receipt of important event announcements.