Escondido CA— Here are the events happening at the California Center for the Arts, Escondido for the next two weeks.
- Friday, July 21st from 7pm-10pm: The California Center for the Arts, Escondido continues their new Puttin’ Down Roots Music Series with G Burns Jug Band, who plays old American music with an intensity and authenticity rarely heard today: urban blues, mountain fiddle, and popular music of the nineteen-twenties and thirties! The event is free along with free parking, food trucks, and dancing! Get more information and to RSVP at http://artcenter.org/event/puttin-down-roots-g-burns-jug-band/
Video of the band playing: https://youtu.be/kVBt8Ydv578
- Saturday, July 22nd from 6:30pm-9:30pm: The California Center for the Arts, Escondido welcomes Aegis Live in San Diego! A Filipino pop band concert who received various awards for their popular hit songs. Tickets are still available at http://artcenter.org/event/aegis-live-san-diego/
- Tuesday, July 25th from 7pm-10pm: Raise your glass to a NEW kind of night out! Paint Nite® invites you to create art over cocktails in our beautiful Lyric Court or Concert Hall Lobby, guided by a professional artist and party host. Grab your friends and spend two hours drinking, laughing, and flexing your creative muscles. There’s no experience necessary and we’ll provide all the supplies, so you don’t have to worry about a thing (except having a great time!) Tickets still available at https://www.paintnite.com/buy/1189360
- Friday, July 28th from 7pm-10pm: The California Center for the Arts, Escondido continues their new Puttin’ Down Roots Music Series with Veracruz Blues. With a multicultural background and influences rooted in México, Veracruz, Latin-America, Spain, the Middle-East, the United States, and California with a strong Afro-Mestizo identity and Soul, VeraCruz Blues is a powerful band for social change and activism in the California’s on both sides of the border. The event is free along with free parking, food trucks, and dancing! Get more information and to RSVP at http://artcenter.org/event/puttin-down-roots-veracruz-blues/
Video of the band: https://www.facebook.com/1343253886/videos/10211913713621896/
- Saturday, July 29th from 7pm-10pm: SDYS’ International Youth Symphony performs at the California Center for the Arts, Center Theater, in Escondido. San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory’s International Youth Symphony is a special partnership program between the San Diego Youth Symphony and Rotary District 5340 International Youth Exchange. Every summer, this unique two week orchestral program brings together gifted conservatory musicians from around the world with exceptional SDYS musicians and Music Director Jeff Edmons for an intensive and top quality orchestral and chamber music experience. This year we welcome 25 musicians from 12 countries, and this is the only concert hall venue where these exceptionally talented young musicians will perform. Tickets are available at http://artcenter.org/event/international-youth-symphony/