Carlsbad CA— The City of Carlsbad’s Cultural Arts Office is making improvements to the community arts grants program and inviting potential applicants to attend a workshop on either Sept. 13 or 14. Funds totaling $80,000 will be awarded in grants for cultural projects occurring in the City of Carlsbad in the year 2018. The grant application deadline is Monday, Oct. 30, 2017. Applicants will receive notification of awarded grants by December 2017.
Two application workshops will be held to assist potential applicants in creating successful proposals. All applicants are strongly urged to attend, as staff will review changes to the application process and guidelines for the 2018 cycle at the workshops.
The workshops will be held on:
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Community Room at the Georgina Cole Library, 1250 Carlsbad Village Lane.
- Thursday, Sept. 14, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Gowland Meeting Room at the Carlsbad City Library, 1775 Dove Lane.
At a Glance
- Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations, schools and school-related organizations for visual, media, literary and performing arts projects taking place in Carlsbad
- Applicants must be a 501©3 nonprofit organization or secure a fiscal agent with that status
- Arts organizations located elsewhere in San Diego County are also eligible to apply, but funded activities must take place in Carlsbad
- A list of previous grant recipients, are available:
- On the City of Carlsbad website
- At Cultural Arts Office, located within the Carlsbad City Library complex, 1775 Dove Lane
- By request at 760-602-2090
- More information about grant categories and eligibility will be provided at the workshops on Sept. 13 and 14 and posted on the city website following the workshops
For more information:
Megan Gilby, 760-602-2081, firstname.lastname@example.org