Oceanside CA—The City of Oceanside Parks & Recreation invites you to get off the couch and “Hoop It Up!” The City of Oceanside offers several Open Gym times for everyone to enjoy. Make new friends and stay in shape while enjoying the sport of basketball.
- Open Gym for youth: Mondays & Wednesdays at Melba Bishop Recreation Center, 5306 North River Road, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. $1 per child, $1.50 for parent/chaperone.
- Open Gym for all ages: Saturday nights at Melba Bishop Recreation Center from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Free!
- Open Gym for all ages: Monday – Friday from 1:00-5:00 p.m. at the Junior Seau Beach Community Center located at 300 North The Strand. $3 for Oceanside residents.
- Open Gym for teens: Saturday nights at Melba Bishop Recreation Center from 8:00-10:00 p.m. Free!
- Open Gym for adults: Monday/Wednesday/Friday at Melba Bishop Recreation Center from 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m. $3 for residents.
Non-residents are welcome to join the fun at slightly higher admission fees. For more information about Oceanside Parks and Recreation programs, please visit
www.oceansiderec.com, call (760) 435-5041, or find us on Facebook at “City of Oceanside Parks & Recreation.”