San Diego County CA— At the start of the Labor Day weekend, September 1, 2017, officers for the Oceanside Police Department and Deputies from the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department conducted separate DUI/Drivers License checkpoints resulting in five DUI arrests. The checkpoints are placed in locations that have the greatest opportunity for achieving drunk and drugged driving deterrence and provide the greatest safety for officers and the public.
In Oceanside, the checkpoint was placed at 4200 Mission Ave.
Oceanside Checkpoint results:
- 345 Vehicles Screened
- 2 DUI-Alcohol suspects arrested
- 0 DUI-Drug impaired suspects arrested
- 0 Suspects arrested for illegal drugs (possession/transportation/sales)
- 0 Arrested on other Criminal Charges
- 7 Drivers cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked
- 13 Total Citations issued
The San Marcos Sheriff’s Station conducted a checkpoint in the 100 block of W. Mission Road, in the city of San Marcos.
Results of the San Marcos checkpoint:
- Total Cars through the Checkpoint: 544
- Total Cars into the Checkpoint: 376
- Cars Sent to Secondary for Evaluation: 34
- D.U.I Evaluations: 8
- D.U.I Alcohol Arrests:3
- D.U.I Drug Arrests: 0
- Other Arrest : 0
In addition, there was 1 vehicle impounded for driving on a suspended driver’s license and 1 vehicle impounded for being an unlicensed driver. There were 13 citations issued for various violations including driving without a license, driving on a suspended license and possession of an open container of alcohol in a vehicle.