Oceanside CA— The Oceanside Public Library has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) seeking qualified vendors to supply and support a web-based, hosted, Integrated Library System (ILS), also known as a Library Management System or Library Services Platform. Such systems go far beyond providing the digital equivalent of a “card catalog” and other traditional library tools, and have become of great value to Libraries’ customers as well as their staffs and volunteers. The ILS provided will be expected:
- to be web-based and hosted–critical to economic and technological sustainability
- to offer all of the current system’s services or equivalents
- to provide improved levels of customer response, both self-service and staff-mediated
- to offer integration and efficiency for services that are not connected to the current ILS
- to deliver timely implementation and all needed training and support.
The RFP may be found on the City’s website:
Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. PST on Friday, October 27, 2017. Please direct all questions to Samuel Liston, Library Technology Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, October 13, 2017.